So, some miscellaneous notes:
- Yes, I do conflate "cell phone" and "smartphone" a bit with the Pew research study (http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/04/15/cell-phones-in-africa-communication-lifeline/) - it's simplifying things a bit, but given that a lot of the functions people were asked about are thought about as smartphone functions in the US (such as payments) and that this is about the general trend, I stand by glossing over some details there.
- This video actually started as an attempt to review the Dell P2715Q monitor, which is not mentioned at all in the video, or even the idea of a 4k monitor.
- Other things that used to be prominent in the video that are no longer there: Cisco, Adobe Creative Suite, and my history of owning smartphones. It's amazing how much the story you're trying to tell changes as you work on it.
- I'm more than aware that the table of phones image is a little out of date - there's only so much you can do with Creative Commons images sometimes
- No, I wasn't going out of my way to use the Baby Steve Jobs picture again, but I can't possibly turn down that opportunity.
- On a related note, I may find more reason to use the hobby horse - I'm happier with that than I should be, and I'm pretty sure no one else will care.